The Family Law Specialists
conveyancing & land transactions
Buying, Selling & Transfering Property
Whether you are buying or selling. Whether it is commercial property, residential property, strata or retirement unit or rural land. Whether you are a knowledgeable investor, looking to upgrade or downsize or first home buyer, we have the experience and skills to help you through the process.
We have a dedicated property law solicitor in our team who can support you in every step of the conveyancing process.
Buying a Property
What we do:
- Inspect the contract and negotiate terms;
- Arrange and analyse all necessary inspections;
- Facilitate finance arrangements;
- Exchange contracts;
- Arrange payments for the deposit and transfer duty;
- Prepare declarations, applications and supporting documents, including First Home Benefits Assistance for transfer duty exemption/concession
- Examine the mortgage agreement;
- Ensure there are no outstanding rates, water charges or land tax obligations;
- Ensure compliance (swimming pools, vendor obligations regarding: Foreign Resident Capital Gains Withholding, Residential GST Withholding, land tax);
- Ensure there are no third-party interests in the property;
- Ensure all disclosures have been made by the vendor;
- Calculate adjustments for council and water rates and (where applicable) strata levies;
- Complete final checks immediately prior to settlement;
- Facilitate the change of title.
Selling a Property
- Prepare contract for sale compliant with legislation and regulations;
- Work with you to ensure inclusion of all conditions necessary;
- Advise your responsibilities about Vendor disclosures;
- Facilitate any necessary searches and certificates;
- Liaise with stakeholders and ensure payout to release loans secured against the property at settlement;
- Facilitate exchange of contracts and payment of deposit;
- Ensure all obligations are met regarding inclusions and exclusions;
- Co-ordinate payment of any vendor obligations in relation to Foreign Resident Capital Gains Withholding; Residential GST Withholding; land tax
- Facilitate settlement and finance.
Transferring a Property
Whether it is between family members, spouses or during a separation, we can ensure the process is simple and stress free for you.
What we do:
- Advise on the process and outcomes of any transfer;
- Advise on transfer duty requirements and valuations;
- Advise on finance arrangements need to be put in place,
- Prepare declarations, applications and agreements;
- Facilitate settlement.
Our property team have extensive experience and will ensure your purchase is handled professionally and swiftly. Call us today to find out more.